I recently saw the Pioneer Woman make these strawberry oatmeal bars on her Food Network show and thought, “I’ve got a lot of strawberry freezer jam, I should make these.” So I did and boy are they yummy!
There was an upcoming appreciation event at school and I cut these into small bars and put them into bags for a snack at a later time. Just bite size pieces that were perfect for a quick treat or afternoon craving. They would also be delicious as an after school treat or dessert. When the Pioneer Woman made these the topping covered the jam. I may have used too much on the bottom but I didn’t think using half was enough for the bottom and didn’t want the jam to seep through and burn. By not covering the top completely with the oat mixture I think it makes for a pretty presentation. If you don’t have homemade strawberry jam, store-bought is fine. Use whatever brand you enjoy. You could also mix it up and use raspberry or another flavor of your choice.
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
An easy snack everyone will love!
- 1 ¾ sticks butter, cut into pieces, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- One 10 to 12 ounce jar strawberry preserves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 13 inch rectangular pan. Set aside.
- Mix together the butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Press half the oat mixture into the prepared pan. Spread with the strawberry preserves. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over top and pat lightly.
- Bake until light brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely and then cut into squares.
Leave a Reply