Whomever it was that thought to put a pat of compound butter on top of a steak was brilliant! If you’ve never had a parsley chive butter, or any other compound butter, on steak you are missing out. Just a little pat on top when it comes off the grill adds so much flavor.
You may look at the recipe and think why add salt to unsalted butter, just use salted butter. Well, sounds like a good theory but remember, you will season whatever you are cooking, most likely with salt and pepper, so you don’t want too much.
A compound butter is a butter that has ingredients added to it for flavor. In this case, fresh chives, fresh parsley and honey. For this batch of my compound butter the chives and parsley came from my garden. Other compound butters I’ve made include cranberry butter, pecan honey butter, and whipped pumpkin spice honey butter.
You may think honey is an odd addition but the sweetness is subtle and adds amazing flavor. This parsley chive butter is perfect to use on grilled corn on the cob or with sautéed vegetables. I’d love to know how you’d like to use it. Leave me a comment below. Don’t forget to check out my blogger friends #BBQWeek recipes below.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped chives
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- In a small blow add all ingredients. Using a fork or rubber spatula, mix well until combined. Transfer to a refrigerated container and store, covered, for up to 2 weeks.
- Balsamic Three Bean Salad by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Berry Ice Box Cake by Back To My Southern Roots
- Boozy Bourbon Cupcakes by Cookaholic Wife
- Caesar Cole Slaw by Palatable Pastime
- Grilled Brie by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Chicken Wings with Carrot Habanero Hot Sauce and Blue Cheese by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Grilled Halloumi Over Hummus by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Steak with Guajillo Pepper Chimichurri by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Homemade Watermelon Lemonade by Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Dill Tortellini Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- London Broil Sandwiches by The Freshman Cook
- Parsley Chive Butter by Family Around the Table
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce by Food Above Gold
- Watermelon Mint Moscow Mule by Sweet Beginnings