Chocolate chip cookies are a favorite in my house. Sometimes we don’t want all the work of scooping out the dough and settle on these easy chocolate chip cookie bars.
If you know a chocolate chip cookie lover, you must make these bar cookies. They make a great gift and are an easy way to bring a smile to a friend or family member’s face.
This recipe is the classic favorite in bar cookie form. It’s chock full of chocolate chips, crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Chocolate chips in every bite!
The cookie dough comes together quickly and you save time since you pat the dough into a sheet pan. No scooping! That means only one pan to clean.
This easy chocolate chip cookie bar recipe has just the right amount of chocolate chips. You get chocolate in every bite.
Some may call these bars blondies or blond brownies. I guess they could be considered blondies but I think the texture is more of a cookie than a brownie.Get the kids in the kitchen to help make these easy chocolate chip cookie bars. No scooping required.
You may already have everything you need to make these bar cookies in your pantry. Many of the ingredients are staples.
Here are the ingredients you need to make chocolate chip cookie bars:
- Semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Unsalted butter
- Vegetable shortening, like Crisco
- Brown sugar and white sugar
- Baking Soda
I always like to have everything measured and ready to go when I bake. That way you don’t miss adding any ingredients.
Depending on how you cut the bars you could serve a crowd with this sheet pan of cookies. Cut smaller pieces and put them in paper muffin cups for serving at a party.
Or cut slices bigger and top with ice cream and chocolate sauce for an over the top dessert.
Do you want to stay up to date with Family Around the Table?
It’s easy! Be sure to follow me on social media channels like Facebook and Twitter.
I also share photos of recipes and ideas on Instagram too. If you want to see what I’ve great ideas and delicious recipes I’ve pinned find me on Pinterest.
Then, if you like some of the items I use or are just looking for a great gift idea, you need to head over and check out my Amazon Store. Find fun kitchen tools, cookbooks, cocktail accessories, holiday essentials, and much more. If you make a purchase, I received a teeny tiny commission at no additional charge to you.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Easy chocolate chip cookie bars are a sweet treat the whole family will enjoy.
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 11 x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with baking spray with flour, such as Baker's Joy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and shortening together until well combined and fluffy.
- Add brown and white sugars and beat until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pure vanilla extract, mix thoroughly.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt. When well combined, add chocolate chips. You can do this with a wooden spoon or on low speed on the stand mixer.
- Spread cookie dough into prepared pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center come out clean or with a few crumbs. Do not over bake. Cool completely in pan and then cut into bars.