My Mom used to call me a chicken salad connoisseur. Whenever I have the opportunity to make it, I do. If it’s on a menu, I order it. I love chicken salad and have passed that love onto my youngest son. I recently made this apple chicken salad croissant for a weekend lunch.
It was a summer not so long ago that I taught my son to make chicken salad. Now when I make chicken he always asks me to cook an extra chicken breast or two. That way we can have chicken salad for a weekend lunch and he gets practice making it.
We love this chicken salad on croissants but I always have flour tortillas in the house and that’s a nice alternative. You could also make scrumptious lettuce wraps too, but it’s equally delicious on any bread you choose.
Print out my shopping list, pictured above, with the recipe ingredients already filled in! There is plenty of room for additional items you may need.
More weekend or work sandwich ideas:
Overnight Muffaletta sandwich from my friend A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 apple, chopped and cored
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 2 croissants, sliced in half
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except croissants. Pile chicken salad evenly on each croissant.