Kids will want to make these funfetti ice cream sandwiches all summer long. A delicious sugar cookie filled with sprinkles and paired with vanilla ice cream and more sprinkles are sure to be a hit.
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples from sponsor companies but, as always, opinions are mine.
Who loves sprinkles? If you love to bake or have kids, chances are you love sprinkles. You should really see my collection, shapes, colors, solids, mixes, you name it, I probably have it.
As I’ve said in some of my cocktail posts, the best ingredients make the best drinks. The same goes for baking. Adams Extracts are a favorite. I love using their vanilla when I bake. Why do I love Adams vanilla extract? Because it’s a quality product that produces consistent results every time.
Did you also know that not all sprinkles are created equal? Some sprinkles are not made for baking, only decoration. Sprinkles from Sweets and Treats are made for baking and decorating. They won’t bleed when they are baked or get moist, like when used to garnish the side of these ice cream sandwiches.
The funfetti cookie recipe makes 15 cookies, enough for 7 ice cream sandwiches. In my house we only got 4 made because some people, I won’t say who, gobbled up the cookies before we could get more made. That goes to show the cookie can certainly stand alone. These cookies spread, so don’t crowd them on the baking sheet. I used a #24 scoop, you can see one below in the recipe card, and only put five cookies on the sheet. I should correct that, in the event my sons read this. HE used a #24 scoop. See, he made the cookies with the help of his younger brother. To be honest, they are a big help when it comes to the kitchen. They also did the dishes too!
Be sure to allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes. If you take them off to the cooling rack too soon, they will bend and break, as my helper son found out. We used the broken one as our test cookie.
Work quickly to add the sprinkles around the edge, then get the funfetti ice cream sandwiches into the freezer to set. While we used vanilla ice cream, you could use other flavors such as my fresh strawberry ice cream.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Strawberry Siren Shake from A Blender Mom
- Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches from Family Around the Table
- Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White & Blue Funfetti Ice Cream from Books n’ Cooks
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- No-Bake Mermaid Cake from Nik Snacks
- Mermaid Ice Cream Cone Cakes from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Buttercream Cake with Blueberry Lemonade Ganache from 4 Sons R Us
- Blackberry Lemon Yogurt Cake from Sweet Beginnings
No Bake Treats:
- Mermaid Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Jen Around the World
- Amaretto Cheesecake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Lemon Blueberry Scones from The Beard and The Baker
- Key Lime Pie Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Bar Cheesecake from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Banana Pretzel Bars from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- New York Style Cheesecake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Cheesecake with Key Lime Stars and Orange Cream Mermaids from Our Good Life
- Indian Rice Pudding from Palatable Pastime
- Key Lime Thumbprint Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Doughmesstic
- Chocolate Swirl Meringues from My Sweet Zepol
- Sweet Corn Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Peach Pie Fudge from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Spritzer from My Baking Heart
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers. We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!