This year our summer vacation took us to New England. Massachusetts, Vermont and New Hampshire to be specific. First, if you’ve never been, you must go. It’s a part of the country that is so rich in American history. New England is well known for maple syrup so of course, I had to bring some home. Ok, I had to bring a lot home. So I need to use it. This maple bundt cake with cinnamon maple glaze was the perfect way to start. Perfect for farmer’s market week too.
Now, I know, you can get real maple syrup at any grocer but that’s not the point. The syrup in Vermont is different. In stores you can usually only get one grade, or type, of syrup but in Vermont you can get all of them from amber to dark. There is a difference, one that would take too long to explain here. It’s really just best to do a taste test and figure out which you like best.
You may be thinking this is more of a fall cake and I won’t disagree. The warmth of cinnamon paired with maple just says fall. After the summer heat I know many are looking to the cooler days and nights of autumn. Make this for a fall tailgate party or as an option on your Thanksgiving dessert table. The flavors are subtle but not overpowering. Served with coffee it’s a nice way to end a meal.
More recipes that use maple syrup include my cinnamon apple turnovers with maple glaze, however Brown Sugar Pecan Maple Baked Brie is a favorite too. Then there are drinks that use maple syrup too, like maple bourbon sour.
Shared at Weekend Potluck
Wednesday #FarmersMarketWeek Recipes
- Charred Corn, Zucchini, Arugula Pizza by The Baking Fairy
- Cherry Strawberry Frozen Yogurt by Caroline’s Cooking
- Corn Pasta with Bacon and Pecorino Romano by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fresh Blueberry Streusel Topped Crumb Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Green Bean Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream by House of Nash Eats
- Indian Style Vegetable Fried Rice by Palatable Pastime
- Maple Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Maple Glaze by Family Around the Table
- Naan Bread Grilled Veggie Pizza by The Freshman Cook
- Peach, Zucchini and Onion Flatbread by Cookaholic Wife
- Raspberry Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken by Tip Garden
- Roasted Onion Dip by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Savory Tomato Pie by Cooking With Carlee
- Southwest Stuffed Peppers by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake by The Redhead Baker
- Vegetable Lasagne Stuffed Zucchini Boats by Everyday Eileen
- Veggie Bagel Sandwich by Books n’ Cooks
- Watermelon Mojito Popsicles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Zucchini Scones by Kate’s Recipe Box