This post contains affiliate links where, if a purchase is made through the link, I will receive a small commission. Today I’m sharing patriotic cupcakes as a three-fer. A group of bloggers and I are sharing patriotic recipes, it’s also #CookoutWeek and Taste of Home Tuesday. Whew! Need less to say there are lots of great recipe to check out today. Hope you have time to visit many, if not all, of them.
I found this recipe in the Simple & Delicious cookbook from the editors at Taste of Home. It’s on page 567 under the Holiday Highlights tab. This is a cookbook I simply love. I reviewed a copy of the book last year and you can find it here. I love that these cupcakes start with a mix. You must use a white cake mix or the colors will be off. The challenge is getting each color into the cupcake liners evenly. I got about 18 cupcakes.
These cupcakes are not only the perfect dessert for July 4th or Memorial Day but also for a military deployment send off or to welcome home a soldier from duty.
I happened to have the traditional red, white and blue sprinkles, or jimmies, but you you could use nonpareils or fun star sprinkles. You can also use patriotic cupcake liners, although I used white ones, because I had them and it’s kind of fun to see the colors of the cupcake through the liner.
July 4th, 1776 is the date the Second Continental Congress adopted The United States Declaration of Independence effectively ending British rule. Now we celebrate our independence each year on July 4th with fireworks, picnics, parades and backyard barbecues across our nation. Join these 11 bloggers as we celebrate and share some patriotic themed recipes!
- Apple Slab Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Berry Phyllo Cups with Lemon Cheesecake Cream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Best Fruit Kabobs by Feeding Big
- Patriotic Cupcakes by Family Around The Table
- Red Velvet Dulce de Leche Poke Cake by Frugal Pantry
- Red, White and Blue Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red, White & Blue Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White & Blue Nachos by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Simple and Savory
- Red, White and Blue Scones by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
#CookoutWeek continues with new recipes today. Check out this link-up for ideas.