White chocolate snack clusters are easy to make, look festive on a dessert buffet and can be wrapped up for favors or hostess gifts.
M&M’s, peanuts, and pretzels are enrobed in quality white chocolate then sprinkled with sweet treats sprinkle mix from Sweets & Treats. Put them on a dessert table, serve them after dinner or wrap them up in festive treat cups, also from Sweets & Treats, for party favors or hostess gifts.
Everything you need to make these yummy clusters are shown in the photo. One thing I didn’t think about was the fact the M&M’s become a bit fragile when folded into the warm, melted white chocolate.
If there are any broken M&M’s, the chocolate will melt out and streak through the white chocolate. It really doesn’t alter the taste or look but I just wanted you to know that going into it.
I just used two spoons to drop a random blob onto a lined baking sheet. I used a silicone liner but you can use parchment too. You could also use a small cookie scoop but I wanted a very rustic look to the clusters.White chocolate snack clusters are a delicate balance of sweet and salty. They are adorable wrapped up for party favors.
I didn’t want them all the same size or shape. Let them chill out in the fridge, not freezer for at least an hour but definitely until they are set. Once set try not to handle them too much.
If you are packaging them up for favors, let them come to room temperature. You risk them sticking together if you don’t. Gift these to teachers, party guests, use as a place card. I gave a couple to administrative assistants at school this week and they were very well received. I got smiles all around!
White Chocolate Snack Clusters
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&M’s
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup pretzels broken into pieces
- 2 – 4 tablespoons Sweets & Treats Sweet Treats sprinkle mix
- Polka Dot Treat Cups
- Prepare 2 baking sheets by lining them with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Melt white chocolate chips according to package directions, either in microwave or on stovetop.
- Once chocolate is melted and smooth, add M&M’s, peanut and pretzel pieces. Stir gently to combine.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle Sweet Treats sprinkle mix over tops while chocolate is still wet.
- Place cookie sheets in refrigerator to set chocolate. Refrigerate 1 – 2 hours until set.
- Once set, package in treat cups for gift giving.