I received product from Nielsen-Massey Vanillas to help create this post.
Peppermint is definitely associated with the Christmas holiday season. Each year I add new cookies to my holiday gift tin repertoire. In past years I’ve made minty dark chocolate delights and Andes creme de menthe cookies, from a minty perspective. Double chocolate peppermint cookie is this year’s newbie. The double chocolate comes from cocoa and chocolate chips. The peppermint flavor is present but not overwhelming. My kids liked them so much they asked me to make them again before Christmas.
For the peppermint I used Nielsen-Massey pure peppermint extract. Whenever I smell peppermint it reminds me of my childhood and the Christmas season. What I love about Nielsen-Massey is the pure flavor and scent of their extracts. In addition to their peppermint I also have their almond, rose water and vanilla on hand. I have always believed that if you use good ingredients you will have a better result. Nielsen-Massey is a quality product.
Day 2 of #ChristmasCookies week and there are 19 more cookie recipes for your baking pleasure from my blogger friends.
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen Massey pure peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugars.
- Add the egg, beating well and scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Add the vanilla and peppermint, beating to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt, beating to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a teaspoons cookie scoop, drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 1 1/2" to 2" apart.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 13 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, and transfer them to a rack to cool. .
- Almond Joy No Bake Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Chocolate Almond Biscotti by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cranberry Eggnog Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
- Cranberry Orange Cookies by Faith, Hope, Luck and Love Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cream Cheese Cookie Cups by Making the Most of Naptime
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Double Dipped Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Eggnog Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Foolproof Holiday Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gingered Lemon Drops by The Frugal Pantry
- Mint Chocolate Madeleines by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies by Making Miracles
- Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Toffee Pecan Shortbread Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- White Chocolate Decorated Ginger Crinkles by Love and Confections