I come by my love of nonpareil candies naturally. My Mom loved nonpareils. Some may think of them as sprinkles but they are different. Sprinkles, or jimmies as some people call them, are the longer candies used to decorate cakes and cookies. Nonpareils are round.
As a child, whenever my Mom took me to the movies, I would pick the sno-caps for my movie munchie. I still love them to this day. My husband is a big fan as well. Every holiday season he orders some from his favorite candy shop in Pennsylvania. This one was no exception.
So to celebrate national chocolate month I decided to recreate this favorite candy. Plus, I thought they would be cute for Valentine’s Day. I packaged a few in a cellophane bag and left them on each of my boys desks for them to find when they returned home from their day at school. They are really easy to make and bring smiles to all who enjoy them. My chocolate mixed nut clusters were a hit over the holidays I decided I needed more easy candy type posts. Once you get the hang of melting chocolate there is no end to what you can make. Two keys are being patient when melting and using a rubber spatula to stir the chocolate. I never use a wooden spoon to stir chocolate because moisture can linger and moisture is the enemy of melting chocolate.
Enjoy these candies as well as the other recipes from my blogger friends.
- Brigadeiros by Caroline’s Cooking
- Browned Butter Dark Chocolate Marshmallow Muffins by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Dream Whoopie Pies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Nonpareil Drops by Family Around the Table
- Chocolate Tart with a Shortbread Crust by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by Hardly A Goddess
- Easy Homemade Chocolate Cupcakes by Our Good Life
- German Chocolate Cake Macarons by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Healthy Chocolate Truffles by Simple and Savory
- Homemade Chocolate Praline Easter Eggs by Sneha’s Recipe
- Homemade White Chocolate with Strawberries and Rose Petals by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Sachertorte by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salted Juniper-Dark Chocolate Panna Cotta by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Slow-Cooker Sweet Potato Chocolate Mole Soup by Faith, Hope, Love and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice