Today starts another one of my favorite weeks – Cranberry Week! I have five delicious recipes using cranberry, in different forms, on tap for the week. Up first is one of the easiest recipes you will ever make, cranberry butter. Once again, while looking through one of the many folders my Mom had of recipes, I found this one hand written on a piece of notebook paper. There are only 4 ingredients, all of which I had on hand. I keep dried cranberries in my pantry because I use them a lot. I especially like to toss a few into my salad. One of my family’s favorite recipes using dried cranberries is Apple Harvest Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze.
If you’re hosting a brunch gathering offering cranberry butter is a thoughtful touch. I often like to have a selection of butters and cream cheese varieties for guests to use on toast, muffins, bagels, pancakes or waffles. As the saying goes, variety is the spice of life so that’s why I like to make more than one butter for guest. My whipped pumpkin spice honey butter is another nice choice. Cranberry and lime are a nice flavor combination and this cranberry butter would be delicious on my Key lime muffins with Key lime glaze.
If your butter is at room temperature you can easily mix in the cranberries and honey. I like adding a bit of salt just to bring out the flavors. Additional chopped cranberries on the top of the butter not only look pretty but let people know it’s cranberry butter. Store butter in the refrigerator but take out so it softens prior to use.
Be sure to check out today’s cranberry week recipes below.
See all the other cranberry creations being shared as we kick off Cranberry week today – follow #cranberryweek to see all the delicious recipes:
- Cranberry Apple Cider Sangria from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Bread from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Apple Pie from House of Nash Eats
- Cranberry Butter from Family Around The Table
- Cranberry Coffee Cake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cranberry Loaf from Making Miracles
- Cranberry Moscow Mules from Books n’ Cooks
- Cranberry Mousse Chocolate Dessert Bowls by The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Swirl Bread from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Double Chocolate Cranberry Almond Bark from Frugal Pantry
- Frosted Cranberries from Bear & Bug Eats
- Pear Frangipane Tart with Cranberries from Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Cranberry Chicken Salad from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures