I received a package of Caveman Coffee White Gold to create this recipe for mini chocolate chip coffee ice cream. I also received cacao butter but it is not used in this recipe. All opinions are my own. There are affiliate links in this post.
Today is the last day of #Choctoberfest and my final recipe uses Caveman Coffee White Gold White Gold. I’ve made mini chocolate chip coffee ice cream. The Caveman Coffee White Gold has nutty and creamy notes that lends itself to a delicious ice cream flavor. The addition of mini chocolate chips gives great texture as well as chocolaty flavor. You will definitely notice the coffee flavor but it is not overpowering. You will need an ice cream maker for this recipe. You also need to plan in advance because the mixture needs to chill at least one hour before it goes into the ice cream machine AND it needs to chill about 4 hours to overnight before serving. Making it a day in advance of when you want to serve it would be a good idea.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Caveman Coffee White Gold coffee, cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Ad the sugar and heavy cream to a large liquid measuring cup. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Add in milk, coffee and vanilla. Stir to combine. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
- Pour the ice cream base into your ice cream maker. Following the instructions for your ice cream maker, mix until thick and semi-frozen. Just before removing from the machine, add the mini chocolate chips for a few churns, until mixed in.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer safe container and cover. Freeze 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Scoop into bowls and sprinkle with more mini chips, if desired.
Thank you to the sponsors who make #Choctoberfest possible! This year, Imperial Sugar is back as our Gold Sponsor. They have been a trusted name in kitchens since 1843, and their website is home to thousands of sweet recipes tested in the Imperial Sugar Kitchen. You can find Imperial Sugar on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube, or join their Sweet Community so you can share your own recipes, save recipes to a virtual inbox, print Imperial Sugar coupons, and connect with other sugar lovers. Imperial Sugar and our silver sponsors have banded together to offer a huge #Choctoberfest prize pack, which you can enter to win below! One lucky winner will be chosen at random to receive the following:
- From our Gold Sponsor Imperial Sugar: 1 case of granulated sugar (40 pounds), 1 case of brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of dark brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of powdered sugar (24 pounds bags), and an Imperial Sugar red ruffle apron
- From our Silver Sponsor Caveman Coffee White Gold: 32 oz. Raw & Unfiltered Honey bottle, Honey Syrup, Honey Packets, a Nature Nate’s T-shirt, various kitchen supplies, and $50 Amazon gift card
- From our Silver Sponsor Barlean’s:16 oz Barlean’s Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, 9.52 oz canister of Chocolate Silk Greens, and 8oz bottle of Essential Women Omega-Swirl Chocolate Mint
- From our Silver Sponsor Caveman Coffee: 1 Bag of Coffee (you choice of blacklisted or sabertooth), 1 coconut MCT oil, and 1 Cacao Butter
- From #Choctoberfest blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen: 1 specialty chocolate gift pack (your choice of dark or milk chocolate), 1 tin (14 ounces) drinking chocolate, and Divine’s Fair Trade Gift Set
Enter now to win our #Choctoberfest 2016 prize pack! We’ll be picking a winner at random winner on Saturday, October 22, so enter by next Friday to make sure your name is in the drawing: a Rafflecopter giveaway Here’s a list of all of the bloggers participating in #Choctoberfest 2016. Visit any of their blogs to get delicious chocolate recipes throughout the week: The PinterTest Kitchen • 2 Cookin’ Mamas • A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures • addicted 2 recipes • Amy’s Cooking Adventures • An Affair From The Heart • Balancing Motherhood • Body Rebooted • Bottom Left of the Mitten • By the Pounds • Canning and Cooking at Home • Coconut & Lime • Cook with 5 Kids • Cook’s Hideout • Cookaholic Wife • Cooking with Carlee • CopyKat Recipes • Cricket’s Confections • Crumbs in my Mustachio • Elisabeth Jean • Fairyburger • Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice • Family Around the Table • Fantastical Sharing of Recipes • Feed Your Soul Too • Feeding Big • Frankly Entertaining • Full Belly Sisters • Get the Good Stuff • Grumpy’s Honeybunch • Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks • Hostess At Heart • Ink and Sugar • Jane’s Adventures in Dinner • Join Us, Pull Up a Chair • Karen’s Kitchen Adventures • Kate’s Recipe Box • Kudos Kitchen by Renee • Kylee Cooks • Letz Eat • Life Currents • Life on Food • Making Miracles • Monica’s Table • Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog • My Catholic Kitchen • My Gluten Free Miami • Our Good Life • Palatable Pastime • Restless Chipotle • Seduction in The Kitchen • Sew You Think You Can Cook • Simple Food 365 • Southern With A Twist • Sumptuous Spoonfuls • Take Two Tapas • Tampa Cake Girl • Teaspoon of Goodness • That Recipe • The Crumby Cupcake • The Flavourista • The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine • The Freshman Cook • The Pajama Chef • The Redhead Baker • The Spiffy Cookie • Tramplingrose • Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen • Zesty South Indian Kitchen ”