Many of the cookies I post on the blog are made for events at school, gift giving or to take to a friend “just because”. My family and I certainly can’t eat all these goodies ourselves. I made these chunky cranberry double chip cookies for our school’s annual cookie extravaganza. It’s held each year in December and faculty and staff get to pick out cookies for a take home box as a way for parents to say thank for all you do. I’d say 90% of the cookies donated are homemade but some do purchase and that’s OK. It’s all about saying thanks to those who teach and care for our kids.
I’ve made cookies for this event before and a favorite of ours (and the teachers) is the Andes creme de menthe chunk cookies. I always like to make a new cookie each year. From what I heard these cookies were well received.
It seems I may have a bit of a theme going on though. This isn’t the first cranberry cookie on the blog. If you like oatmeal cookies you’ll enjoy oatmeal, cranberry and white chocolate chip cookies.
If you make these cookies and enjoy them, you may want to change them up the next time. A bit of orange zest would be nice because orange goes well with both cranberry and chocolate. You could also substitute dried cherries for the cranberries. Treat them the same way with the water.
I used a fairly big scoop and got exactly 3 dozen cookies. You can see they are a pretty good size. If you use a smaller scoop you’ll get more, maybe closer to 4 or 4 1/2 dozen.
- Cardamom Shortbread by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Dipped Shortbread by Making the Most of Naptime
- Big and Chewy Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies by Cooking with Carlee
- Chocolate Oreo Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipe by Making Miracles
- Christmas Sprinkle Cookies by Books n Cooks
- Chunky Cranberry Double Chip Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Coconut Cherry Snowballs by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Coffee Shortbread Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Advenutres
- Double Chocolate Nutella Sandwich Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- Eggnog Cookies by Caroline’s Cooking
- Frosted Eggnog Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grandma’s Gingersnap Cookies by Tip Garden
- Grinch Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Heavenly Almond Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Sruvive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies by The Freshman Cook
- Thin Mint Crinkle Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Norwegian Chocolate Chip Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Opa’s Chocolate Chip Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Rudolph Reindeer Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Snow Kisses by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Snowflake Cookies by The Redhead Baker
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Bitter Side of Sweet