I am so lucky to have a Key lime tree in my yard. It’s my favorite plant in our landscaping. Each year it generously provides me with a plethora of the golden gems. I make many recipes with the zest and juice of my Key limes but these Key lime muffins with Key lime glaze is a family favorite.
If you’ve seen my other Key lime recipes on this blog, you know who much I love this small citrus fruit. You also know that ripe Key limes are yellow, not green, which surprises many people. When you purchase Key limes in the supermarket they are green but they are not ripe. The flavor changes as they ripen, it becomes more mellow. The first time I made these muffins I didn’t glaze them and felt something was missing. The glaze really makes the muffin adding just a touch of sweetness. Definitely a great way to start the day.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Key lime zest
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons Key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Key lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into a large bowl. In a separate bowl combine the milk, eggs, oil, zest and juice. Add, all at once, to the flour mixture. Stir lightly with a fork just until moist, batter will be lumpy. Spoon into greased muffin cups, filling each 1/2 full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden and they test done.
- Remove muffins from pan to wire rack to cool. Once cool, glaze with Key lime glaze.
- To make glaze:
- In a bowl combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
A big thank you to Lisa of Jersey Girl Cooks for hosting this Sunday Supper citrus event.
- Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Vanilla-Orange Overnight Oats by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Key Lime Muffins with Key Lime Glaze by Family Around The Table
- Lemon Donut Holes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread by Pies and Plots
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tiny Batch Blood Orange Marmalade by What Smells So Good?
- 10 Minute Lemon Pasta With Crispy Basil by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Asian Lemon Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Calamansi Shrimp on Couscous by Asian In America
- Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Citrus-Glazed Scallops with Chunky Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Lemon Lime Shrimp Cocktail w/a Citrus Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti with Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pan Parmesan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orange Beef by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Instant Pot Orange Chicken by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Chicken by My Savory Spoon
- Slow Cooked Orange Chicken Breasts by Simple and Savory
- Thai Lime Basil Chicken Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Banana Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Clementine Pistachio Pomegranate Upside Down Cake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Japanese Lemon Yuzu Bars by The Ninja Baker
- Key Lime Chiffon Pie by Food Done Light
- Lemon & Blueberry Skillet Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lemon Key Lime Layer Snack Cakes by Crazed Mom
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee by Soulfully Made
- Pink Grapefruit Meringue Tart by Baking Sense
- Sittin’ On a Sandbar Key Lime Pie by Gourmet Everyday
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- The Best Lemon Bars Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Citrus Macaroon Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Triple Lemon Poke Cake by Shaken Together
- Homemade Grapefruit Soda by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pineapple Orange Smoothie by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Ruby Red Mimosa by Our Good Life
- Simple Meyer Lemon Margaritas by My Life Cookbook
- Watermelon Limeade by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.