This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BBQWeek and Michigan Asparagus. All opinions are my own. I received product to make this recipe.
Asparagus…it’s a favorite spring vegetable for many people. When I told friends and family I was working with Michigan asparagus just about every one of them said it was their favorite vegetable. It’s really easy to understand why because it’s really a versatile veggie. You can steam it, saute it, roast it in the oven or grill it.
Truth be told, we don’t grill asparagus often but after making this dish, we will be grilling it more often. It was done in a fairly short amount of time, even wrapped with the bacon. What’s beautiful about this dish too, it goes with just about any entree, chicken, beef, pork, or fish.
Working with Michigan asparagus I learned so much about this vegetable. Really, the most amazing thing to me is that, not only do new spears appear in the fields every day but, under ideal conditions, asparagus can grow 1/2 an inch per hour. Yes, you read that correctly, per hour! Therefore, farmers sometimes harvest twice a day. Although an asparagus field can take up to four years to mature, but will produce for 15 years. Then there’s the fun fact that a single asparagus plant can produce 25 or more spears over the course of the seven week season, which runs only from May to June.
Thank you to Michigan Asparagus for sponosoring #BBQWeek and offering the amazing prize package. Michigan Asparagus is giving one winner two grilling baskets and a $50 gift card. Fresh asparagus is the taste of spring and Michigan is one of the largest domestic asparagus growers in the United States. Michigan Asparagus is available mid-May through June and is the only hand snapped harvested asparagus which means more usable asparagus and less waste. Local Michigan farmers produce approximately 25 million pounds of Michigan Asparagus during the state’s 6-7 week harvest. Michigan Asparagus has excellent flavor and a long shelf life. It is a nutrient-dense, low-calorie vegetable with no fat, no cholesterol, and very little sodium. a Rafflecopter giveaway Giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. Prize will be sent after the close of the giveaway. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Welcome to #BBQWeek Let’s fire up the grill, serve up some burgers or steaks or chicken and some delicious sides and desserts! Follow #BBQWeek so you don’t miss one delicious recipe.There are more than 20 recipes this week from some amazing bloggers.
- Best Grilled Vegetables (with Asparagus) from Feeding Big
- Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef) + Asparagus with Gochujang Sauce from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Asparagus and Parmesan Pasta with Toasted Pecansfrom Tip Garden
- Grilled Asparagus Nachos from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Grilled Asparagus Pasta Salad from Dad What’s 4 Dinner
- Grilled Asparagus Haloumi Salad from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Grilled Asparagus Tart from A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Grilled Asparagus with Balsamic Glaze and Toasted Pecans from Family Around The Table
- Grilled Breakfast Flatbreas with Asparagus and Bacon from Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Citrus Chicken and Asparagus Packets from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Grilled Hoisin Chicken and Asparagus Summer Rolls from Palatable Pastime