I have a lot of favorite nuts. One of my favorite to cook with, and the one I use most often, is pecans. When I decided to do this event with the Foodie Extravaganza I went looking for a non-sweet recipe, because, well, it seems many of my recent posts have been sweet. Enter my Mom’s pecan chicken. I found the recipe card in her recipe box. I love looking through her recipes. It makes me feel close to her again.
The flavors here are pretty classic. Honey, mustard and pecans. So much flavor with only four ingredients. That’s right, four ingredients and you probably have them in your pantry right now. I often look to my cookbooks and recipe boxes (I have 4 between mine and my Moms) for inspiration. I was feeling bored with recent meals and was happy to find this recipe since I had all the ingredients. Next time, I would probably chop the pecans more finely but this worked and gave great texture to the dish. It’s easy enough for a weeknight dinner yet impressive for entertaining. It’s low maintenance once you get it in the baking dish. You can prepare it ahead and keep in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Serve with roasted vegetables to compete the meal.
See the other recipes using nuts for today’s Foodie Extravaganza event hosted by Caroline’s Cooking:
- Barberry Pistachio Saffron Rice by Food Lust People Love
- Canadian Pecan Butter Tarts by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Healthy Granola Cakes by Sneha’s Recipes
- Pecan Chicken by Family Around The Table
- Pumpkin Nut Braid by Passion Kneaded
- Pumpkin-Nut Crumble Cake by Hardly A Goddess
- Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Walnut Sauce by Caroline’s Cooking