It’s National Slow Cooking month! My Festive Foodie blogger friends and I have teamed up to share some great recipes to celebrate. Back in October I wrote my first post that used a slow cooker. In that post for pulled pork sandwiches I revealed that I do not use my slow cooker often. I use it for only a couple of dishes. My family does love this pulled chicken and it can be used for so many dishes.
I usually put extra breasts in the slow cooker so I have pulled chicken to freeze for meals later. If you want to make BBQ chicken sandwiches, just take as much pulled chicken as you need and add your favorite BBQ sauce. I also use the pulled chicken to make quesadillas for a weekend lunch. Add a taco seasoning and make chicken tacos for Taco Tuesday. Other uses could be for fajitas or to make chicken salad for work lunches.
The pulled chicken will keep in the fridge for a few days. This allows you to plan a couple of meals through the week. I like to cook it up on Sunday or Monday to use through the week. Buy bulk packages of chicken at your grocer to save money.
A big Thank You to Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting this event!
- Chicken Pho in a Slow Cooker by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Crock pot Caramelized Onions by Frugal Pantry
- Purple People Eater Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooked Chili Chicken by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooked Pulled Chicken by Family Around the Table
- Slow Cooker Sticky Pineapple Chicken by Jonesin’ For Taste