Can you believe it’s almost Easter? Already! These dried cherry and almond scones would be an easy and delicious addition to your brunch table.
Although I have other scone recipes on the blog, this recipe is actually the first one I ever made. I was never really a scone fan until I made this recipe. This recipe is a bit more moist than a traditional scone recipe. I think that because they are more on the moist side they were a hit with my family. The almond drizzle really makes the scone. I’ve made these for friends on a few occasions and they have always been well received.
Typically scone recipes only make a few, about six or eight. If you’re thinking of serving them on a brunch buffet you may want to consider offering a selection. Apple cinnamon scones with salted caramel drizzle and strawberry scones with lemon glaze would also be nice to offer guests. If you wind up with leftovers, they are easily warmed in a low oven. I’m sure you could warm them in a microwave but that’s not my preferred way.
Friday Easter Week Recipes
- Brussels Sprout Potato Cakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Candied Lemon Zest Jalapeño Deviled Eggs by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Carrot Cake Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Curried Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dried Cherry and Almond Scones by Family Around the Table
- Easter Bunny Cake by Everyday Eileen
- Easter Egg Sugar Cookies by The Redhead Baker
- Eggs Benedict Breakfast Bake by Cookaholic Wife
- Greek Lamb Keftiko by Caroline’s Cooking
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Roasted Pork Loin with White Wine Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Maple Apple Baked Oatmeal by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Peeps Cookie Bars by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Easter Bread Cheesecake – Pasca by All that’s Jas
- Spring Veggie Crudités with Fresh Pea Hummus by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Vanilla Bean Mocha Biscotti by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Vegetable Breakfast Casserole by Simple and Savory