Our neighbors recently had a small happy hour gathering and each of the guests brought an appetizer. My contribution was a new recipe, mini swiss quiches, as the week 4 recipe in the 52 Week New Recipe Challenge.
These mini quiches were adapted from a recipe on the Pillsbury website. I’m a big fan of one or two bite appetizers that don’t require utensils. They make managing your plate and drink so much easier during a party. These mini swiss quiches are packed with flavor from seasonings, green onions (or as my Dad called them, Spring onions), parsley.
- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1 ½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Unroll pie crusts on cutting board. With 2 ½ inch round cutter, cut 12 rounds from each crust. Press one round into the bottom and up sides of each muffin cup.
- Place 1 tablespoon of Swiss cheese in each cup. Top with a few onion slices. In a 2 cup measuring cup, beat eggs, parsley, milk and salt with fork until well blended. Pour mixture into crusts, filling to within ¼ inch of top.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes until golden and filling is set. Cool 2 minutes. With tip of knife, lift quiches from muffin cups and serve warm.