It’s time for Taste of Home Tuesday and this week I’m sharing a recipe that was included in the Spring special delivery box for mini ham, cheese and onion frittatas. There are a few things I really like about this recipe. First this only makes eight mini frittatas, which is perfect for a small family. However, if you want to increase the number of servings, for say a buffet, you can easily do so. Second, it’s the perfect recipe for leftovers. I had leftover ham from our holiday dinner and used a fair amount of it up.
Third, this recipe is easily customizable. Originally called just mini ham and cheese frittatas, I added the onion when I substituted it for chives. I had everything on hand for this recipe, except the chives, which doesn’t happen often. If you have leftover vegetables, broccoli or asparagus for example, they would also be delicious in this recipe.
Joining me in today’s Taste of Home Tuesday is Jolene’s Recipe Journal. She made black bottom banana bars. Be sure to visit her site. Plus, be sure to check out some of my other Taste of Home Tuesday recipes including almond pecan granola, yellow cake (made by my son), or hot colby ham sandwiches (another great use for leftover holiday ham).
- 6 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat 8 muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended.
- Divide ham and cheese among eight prepared muffin cups. Top with egg mixture, filling cups three-fourths full.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Carefully run a knife around sides to loosen.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home