Individual chocolate chip pecan pull-apart breads are a sweet way to welcome kids home from school. Perfect for after school or as dessert.
I received product samples from some sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Back2School week recipes. All opinions are mine alone. Today’s post is sponsored by Barlean’s, Hamilton Beach, and Rhodes Bread as well as Crispy Green, The Spice House, and PackIt.
I love making special treats for my kids as they go back to school. These Individual Chocolate Chip Pecan Pull-Apart Breads are a new favorite. Like I do with many of my recipes, I brainstormed ideas with my boys. Usually when that happens, chocolate is involved.
I started with Rhodes dinner rolls. If you’ve never worked with them, you should try. They are easy to work with and provide great results for so any idea you have using bread.
Let the tart pans proof in a warm spot for 30 minutes. Then bake. Baking can take anywhere from 12 to 15 minutes. You want these pull-apart breads to be golden. Just like the picture.
Let them cool briefly while you make the glaze. Don’t skip this part, the glaze makes the dessert.
If you enjoy pull apart breads as much as my family does try Pull Apart Cinnamon Coffee Cake with Chocolate Glaze.
- 8 Rhodes frozen dinner rolls
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Thaw 8 Rhodes dinner rolls according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each dinner roll into 8 pieces. Place 16 pieces in each tart pan. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of pecans and 1 teaspoon of mini chocolate chips over bread pieces.
- Allow to rise in a warm place 30 minutes.
- Put tart pans on rimmed baking sheet and bake for 12 - 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool briefly while you make the glaze.
- To make the glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla and milk in small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Spoon over each pan and serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.