My family has really come to love sliders. I find myself making them on weekends for an easy and quick lunch. But they are great for more than lunch. Make up a double batch for your game day party to cheer on your favorite team.
For the longest time, I was not a fan of Swiss cheese but now it’s a favorite so I thought a classic combination slider would be in order. The one thing about Swiss is that it doesn’t melt well in slice form. When you have them in the oven, you may adjust the time according to the amount of melting you want on the cheese.
For this version I used deli honey ham but tavern ham or even leftover ham from a holiday celebration could be used. What I like about deli ham is you can choose how thin or thick you’d like it sliced. My family likes a medium to thin slice. If you prefer thinly sliced ham I suggest using a couple of slices so you get the flavor. Same with the Swiss cheese. The Hawaiian rolls are fluffy and you don’t want to taste all bread. Initially I put mustard on both halves of the bread but it was too much. If you love mustard go for it, if not, one side will be fine.
This recipe is very easy to scale for more or less guests. For three of us I used one package of 12 rolls. The King’s Hawaiian brand also come in a four pack which would be perfect for a single serving. If you are having a group of friends over, you can figure two to three sliders per guest. These would be especially good served with a chili or soup too.
If you’re looking for other slider recipes, check out my pepperoni pizza sliders. Making both adds variety to your party.
- Bacon Jalapeno Palm Poppers by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Orange Dipping Sauce by Everyday Eileen
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos by The Redhead Baker
- Butternut Squash Pizzettas by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cheese Chili Tots by Frugal Pantry
- Cheeseburger Bombs by Cookaholic Wife
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Lasagna by Cooking With Carlee
- Chipotle Peach Meatballs by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fiesta Ranch Crispy Baked Wings by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Fried Chicken Sliders by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Ham and Swiss Sliders by Family Around The Table
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Instant Pot Cheesy Southwestern Spinach Dip by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Mini Zucchini Pizzas by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Philly Steak Appetizer by The Freshman Cook
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Texas Trash Party Mix by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Tomatillo and Pork Chili by Simple and Savory
- Warm White Bean Dip by Bear & Bug Eats