Easy Swiss cheese bread is comes together quickly with just a few ingredients. Serve on Italian night or with an easy grilled chicken or fish recipe.
This post is sponsored by Taste of Home. I received the summer box and all it’s contents to review. All opinions are my own.
I’ve been receiving these goodie boxes from Taste of Home for some time and they just get better and better. From the tools to the spices to the cookbooks, everything is very thoughtful and useful.
When these boxes arrive I go straight to the cookbook. The turkey biscuit stew is from another Taste of Home cookbook. The Make it! Take it cookbook is a good choice for the summer box. It seems there are more pot luck parties in summer and many of the recipes travel well.
I didn’t make one what I would consider a pot luck recipe. The easy Swiss cheese bread uses only a few ingredients. I omitted one ingredient from the recipe on Taste of Home and swapped out dried parsley for fresh from my garden. Celery seed is not something I keep in my pantry and I dislike buying an ingredient for one recipe.
Once out of the oven, the bread is slightly crispy, buttery and cheesy, yet soft in the middle. Be sure to remove the foil a few minutes before you take it out of the oven. That’s how it gets crispy.
The contents of the Summer 2019 box are pictured. To be honest, the watermelon slicer takes some practice but once you get the hang of it you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
Back to some of those recipes that would be perfect for a pot luck. Find layered picnic loaves, barbecue chicken, super chunky cookies, make ahead veggie salad and many more recipes for picnics and gatherings.
- 1 loaf (18-20 inches) French Bread
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place foil on rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Make cuts, about 1 inch apart, in the bread but don't cut through bottom. Combine all remaining ingredients. Spread half of the butter mixture between the bread slices. Spread the remaining mixture over the top of the bread.
- Place bread on foil on a rimmed baking sheet. Cover loosely with additional foil. Bake at 425 degrees F. for 20-30 minutes. For the last 5 minutes, remove foil covering bread to allow it to brown. Serve warm.
Want to start your subscription? Check out Shop Taste of Home for more information.