Time for my last holiday project, Reindeer Candy Dish, in association with Dollar Tree. This post also contains affiliate links and that means I will receive a small commission, at no additional cost, if a purchase is made through the link. **I was compensated for this post. This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
It’s time for my last project in my series of 3 for Dollar Tree. This time I’ve made a Christmas candy dish that looks like a reindeer. Full disclosure, this kind of happened by accident. I had a totally different project in mind but when I got the red glass gem on the candle holder I thought it could be Rudolph’s nose!
This project uses two items from Dollar Tree. Red and clear glass gems and smooth glass hurricane candle holders. You can either fill these adorable containers with candy or place tea light candles in them for a glowing effect. The only other thing you need is glass glue and I used E6000. It’s a very strong glue, holds up to hand washing but must be used in a well ventilated area.
To make the reindeer:
Apply glass glue to flat side of one red glass gem. Place glass gem on candle holder, making sure to leave enough room for clear eyes, and apply pressure until gem does not move. They will slide until glue begins to dry. Repeat with clear gems, forming eyes above the red “nose”. Allow to dry completely before filling with candy or adding candle.
- Homemade Window Clings – Easy DIY Christmas Craft for Kids by Apron Strings and Other Things
- Christmas Tree Table Centerpiece by Daily Dish Recipes
- DIY Christmas Jenga Ornaments by Day to Day Adventures
- DIY Reindeer Candy Dish by Family Around the Table
- Spiced Nuts by Our Good Life
- 20 Amazing Gifts You Can Make- All For Under $1.00 by The Farmer’s Lamp
- Letters to Santa Kits by Tip Garden