#CookoutWeek 2018 is here! During the next week, I am joining over 50 blogger friends to celebrate summer by posting delicious cookout-themed recipes, including my recipe today for cinnamon brown sugar grilled pineapple parfait. If you love grilling, frozen treats, picnics, berries, s’mores, campfire meals, and other summer goodies… you are in the right place! This post contains affiliate links meaning if you purchase though a link I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I received products from Chef Shamy to create this recipe for #CookoutWeek. All opinions are my own.
I’m starting off the week with a dessert. Pineapple is one of my family’s favorite fruits. Sometimes, though, it can be a bit tart, as can many fruits. I’ve always heard of grilling pineapple but have never done it before. When given the choices of butter for Chef Shamy I instantly knew I wanted to use the Honey Butter Cinnamon and Brown Sugar on pineapple to make a cinnamon brown sugar grilled pineapple parfait.
If I say so myself, it was a good choice. The sweetness of the butter balanced the tartness of the pineapple. While the grilled pineapple is delicious on it’s own, topping a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream makes a light summertime dessert that is the perfect way to end a cookout.
Some living arrangements don’t allow for an outdoor gas or charcoal grill and for that reason, I made these on my cast iron grill pan. It worked well and I achieved the desired grill marks.
More cookout recipes
A little bit about Chef Shamy. Their slogan is Make the World a Butter Place®. Personally, I love butter and there are so many good things about Chef Shamy. Their butter contains no oils plus the savory butters can be used in keto recipes if you follow that lifestyle. The product also has an amazing shelf life. It’s good up to 2 years frozen (can be refrozen and re-refrigerated), good up to 1 year unopened in your fridge or 6 months after opening in your fridge if you use clean utensils. If you prefer to have it softened and ready to use it’s good up to several weeks after opening on your counter. The time it will remain usable on your counter depends on ambient temperature, cleanliness of utensils, type of butter (garlic does the best as it contains the bacterial inhibitors including salt, pepper and garlic, which has been acidified with vinegar).
The long and short of it is, if you are going to use it up it is easier to use at room temperature. If you are going to have it around for 6 months, definitely refrigerate between uses. That will give you a longer shelf life and a fresher taste. But the quality and flavor (like any butter) degrades over time once opened. Learn more about Chef Shamy through this link.
If you’re interested in purchasing Chef Shamy but can’t find it locally use the code 10Butter10 to purchase on Amazon for 10% off through July 4th .
This week, we are also hosting a HUGE giveaway thanks to our generous #CookoutWeek sponsors. Enter below to win. Here’s what one lucky will will receive:
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill from blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen. This grill has 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates and two 12-inch side shelves for extra prep space.
- A Red KitchenAid Mixer and 5 Flavored Butters from our friends at Chef Shamy. Make the World a Butter Place® with Chef Shamy! The winner will receive Garlic Butter, Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter, Vanilla Bean Honey Butter, Strawberry Honey Butter, and French Onion Butter with Asiago Cheese to use in your favorite cookout recipes. And if you just can’t wait, use 10BUTTER10 starting today to get 10% off your Chef Shamy butter order on Amazon. These butters contain no oil, and the savory butters are perfect for keto recipes.
- A Duck Product Pack from our friends at Maple Leaf Farms consisting of 2 pkgs All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts (7.5 oz), 2 pkgs Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/Orange Sauce (14 oz), 1 pkg Duck Bacon (12 oz), and 1 pkg All Natural Duck Legs (16 oz). Maple Leaf Farms is celebrating its 60th anniversary raising White Pekin ducks on local, family-owned farms.
- Butter-flavored Organic Coconut Oil from our friends at Barlean’s. This dairy free option offers all the healthy benefits of organic coconut oil, with the rich taste of butter. It’s great on toast, popcorn, baked potatoes, or cooked vegetables. You can also substitute it 1:1 for butter in baking, cooking, and frying, and of course it is perfect as a butter substitute for all your favorite cookout recipes.
- 24 Cartons of Vinegar Shots from our friends at Vermont Village. You’ll receive 12 cartons of turmeric flavor and 12 cartons of cranberry flavor. Each carton contains 12 individual, 1 fluid ounce vinegar shot pouches! This raw, organic apple cider vinegar has rich flavors from whole foods and is sweetened naturally with honey.
That’s a prize pack worth over $750!
To enter, follow our sponsors and bloggers on social media by entering your information below:
Disclaimer: Thank you to #CookoutWeek Sponsors The PinterTest Kitchen, Chef Shamy, Maple Leaf Farms, Barleans, and Vermont Village for providing the prizes free of charge.
Here’s a full list of the bloggers participating in #CookoutWeek 2018! You can find lots of delicious recipes by checking out any of the links below:
The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ 2 Cookin Mamas ♥ A Day in the Life on the Farm ♥ A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures ♥ April GoLightly ♥ Authentically Candace ♥ Blogghetti ♥ Body Rebooted ♥ Bottom Left of the Mitten ♥ Cheese Curd In Paradise ♥ Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Coconut & Lime ♥ Cookaholic Wife ♥ CookwithRenu ♥ Daily Dish Recipes ♥ Everyday Eileen ♥ Fairyburger ♥ Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice ♥ Family Around the Table ♥ Fix Me a Little Lunch ♥ For the Love of Food ♥ Frankly Entertaining ♥ Frugal & Fit ♥ Get the Good Stuff! ♥ Hardly A Goddess ♥ Herbivore Cucina ♥ Join Us, Pull up a Chair ♥ Jolene’s Recipe Journal ♥ Jonesin’ For Taste ♥ Karen’s Kitchen Stories ♥ Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Treats ♥ Mildly Meandering ♥ Moore or Less Cooking ♥ Our Good Life ♥ Oven Tales By Syama ♥ Palatable Pastime ♥ Sarah Cooks the Books ♥ Savory Moments ♥ Seduction In The Kitchen ♥ Strawberry Blondie Kitchen ♥ Sweet Coralice ♥ Tampa Cake Girl ♥ Technotini ♥ That Recipe ♥ The Baking Fairy ♥ The Beard and The Baker ♥ The Freshman Cook ♥ The Simple Supper ♥ The Spiffy Cookie ♥ The Weekday Gourmet ♥ This is How I Cook ♥ Who Needs A Cape? ♥ Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen
Comment below with your favorite cookout recipe!