This post for cinnamon nut coffee ring contains affiliate links where I would receive a small commission if a purchase is made through the link, at no additional charge to buyer.
I really love making coffee cakes. This is evident by some others I have on this site like overnight nutty coffee cake, fresh blueberry coffee cake, and chocolate coffee pecan coffeecake. This cinnamon nut coffee ring is a classic but updated with the addition of chocolate. It’s full of nuts, cinnamon and chocolate chips making it perfect for breakfast or dessert. Coffee cakes are the best grab and go breakfast, perfect for a potluck or any brunch gathering. While I dusted the coffee cake with confectioners’ sugar, an easy powdered sugar glaze would also be a nice touch to finish it off.
I bake a lot. It’s something I really enjoy. Most of the time things turn out well but every once in a while they don’t. That was the case with this cinnamon nut coffee cake. It’s baked in a tube, or angel food cake, pan. As I was putting the topping on, prior to baking, I was thinking to myself that this is going to be difficult to get out of the pan. Just about the entire time it was baking, and the scent of cinnamon was filling my house, I was thinking about how I was going to get it out of the pan. To be quite honest, I’m still thinking about it. This coffeecake is delicious enough to make again. I think one key is to let it cool more than I did. It only cooled in the pan for 15 minutes so maybe 20 – 25 might work better. I also think a different pan may be key.
You may be asking why would a food blogger include a “fail” picture? Because it makes it real. I’m not a professional, though friends have told me I should go to culinary school and maybe one day. I want my readers to know sometimes I have challenges too. But you can see from the top photo that I still served it, after the disappointment of the fail. It tasted delicious, it was perfectly fine, though not pretty.
Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour Baking Companion Cookbook
Shared at Weekend Potluck
- Blueberry Lemon Buttermilk Coffee Cake by Girl Abroad
- Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Busy Day Blueberry Ginger Coffee Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Butter Crumb Coffee Cake from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Buttermilk Coffee Cake with Jam by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Espresso Bundt Coffee Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Cinnamon Nut Coffee Ring from Family Around the Table
- Coffee Cake Donuts by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cookie Butter Coffee Cake from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Crumble Topped Nutty Coffee Cake by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Meyer Lemon Coffee Cake from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake by House of Nash Eats