Today, martinis are much more than your traditional vodka or gin martini, shaken or stirred. My husband laughs because I call this new wave of martinis designer or gourmet martinis. I decided to make a blueberry lemon vodka martini for national martini day, for a couple of reasons. Blueberries are in season now and I love using seasonal ingredients. Plus, blueberry and lemon is a classic flavor combination that is popular.
I had a bottle of Cold Spring lemon vodka which I had not yet opened. I also always have blueberries in my fridge. They are a favorite fruit in my family. If you have read some of my other blog posts you’ll see how much my family loves blueberry pancakes and blueberry pie. So, I thought, why not make a martini. It was a Friday when I whipped these up for my hubby and me. We sat on the porch, listening to the rain, enjoying the end of the work week before making dinner.
The recipe I’ve included here makes one, although you will have enough blueberry reduction for a couple of drinks. The color is so lovely making it perfect for any occasion. You can refrigerate any leftover, or you can make more at one time. So for National Martini Day I present a blueberry lemon vodka martini. Enjoy responsibly!
Welcome to #NationalMartiniDay
Whether you enjoy your martini with vodka or gin, shaken or stirred, we’ve got some libations for your happy hour.
- Blueberry Lemon Vodka Martini from Family Around The Table
- Mermaid Martini from Amy’s Cooking Adventure
- Orange Creamsicle Martini from A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Pomegranate Grapefruit Vodka Martini from Books n’ Cooks
- Thai-Tini from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- The Jasmine Martini from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Vesper Martini from Potable Pastime
- Watermelon Strawberry Martini from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- White Peach and Honeysuckle Martini from Palatable Pastime