The first time my youngest son had prime rib at home, he asked if we could have it everyday. My husband and I then explained to him that is was on the expensive side and he should stay in school, get good grades so he could get a good job and afford prime rib to eat everyday. Then we went on to explain why it’s probably not healthy to eat prime rib or red meat everyday.
All these years later, he still loves prime rib as does our older son. We usually only have it around a holiday because our supermarket always has the roast on special. I usually buy an extra to have on hand in the freezer but I wanted to experiment so we had one over the weekend.
This paragraph contains an affiliate link.
20 some years ago we bought a Showtime Rotisserie. “Set it and Forget It” was their marketing slogan. I remember when we first got it we watched the whole chicken we were cooking baste itself and we were thrilled with the result. Moist and juicy. No more buying store bought rotisserie chicken. I can make my own and I have made many through the years. Well, this is our third rotisserie, we use it so much. I put whole chickens, prime rib, eye of the round and pork tenderloin on it plus I use the baskets for chicken breasts and vegetables. I made this roast on the rotisserie and it was perfect. The rosemary garlic butter added so much flavor. I was excited because I harvested the rosemary from my relatively new garden.
If you don’t have a rotisserie, you can certainly make this in a conventional oven and those instructions are in the notes. Oh, and it’s also National Garlic Month. Garlic lovers can celebrate with this roast!
This week, thirteen bloggers are sharing 46 recipes and tips to help you serve up deliciousness this Easter. Follow #EasterRecipes on social media to see what we’re serving up!
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Crescent Rolls by Tip Garden
- Individual Easter Breads by Cooking With Carlee
- Tomato Asparagus Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peeps Whoopie Pies by Palatable Pastime
- Rosemary Garlic Herb Rib Roast by Family Around The Table
- Honey butter Peas and Carrots by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pea and Pasta Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Roasted Eggplant Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
In case you missed them, here’s Monday and Tuesday’s #EasterRecipes
- Deviled Ham Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Easy Pecan Sticky Buns by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Easy Citrus Ham by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Sausage and Vegetable Strata by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus With Lemon Herb Sauce by Tip Garden
- Dipped Strawberry Carrots by Family Around The Table
- Easter Malted Milk Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sharadan’s Lemon Blueberry Parfaits by Cooking With Carlee
- Easter Egg Cooking and Dyeing Tips and Tricks by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Easter Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Cake Pancakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Torta Salata Pasquale by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dill Roasted Radishes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus by Family Around The Table
- Praying Arm Pretzels by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Coconut Mini Tarts by Making the Most of Naptime