I’m always looking for new chicken recipes. While searching the internet I had seen a maple cranberry syrup for pancakes and thought to myself, that sounds like a delicious combination. My love of panko breadcrumbs and this winning flavor combination gave birth to panko crusted chicken with maple cranberry sauce. I must say, we were pleasantly surprised with the delicious result. Since my initial run on the recipe, I’ve made it for company on two occasions and it was very well received.
When I originally developed this recipe I knew I wanted to use panko breadcrumbs. They are one of my favorite ingredients to use in cooking. If you’ve never used panko before, you really don’t know what you are missing. The texture it adds to the recipe is delicious and they get more crispy than traditional breadcrumbs.
You may think the sauce is tart because of the cranberries but the maple syrup and wine cut the tartness without making the sauce too sweet. It’s a perfect balance.
I hope you will continue to celebrate #CranberryWeek with me and my blogger friends. Check out today’s recipes below.
Welcome to #CranberryWeek, hosted by Caroline’s Cooking and A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We’ll be sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration. But first, see all the other cranberry recipes being shared today:
- Braised Short Ribs with Hoisin-Cranberry Sauce and Asian Coleslaw from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry & Cornbread Stuffed Pork Chops from Books n’ Cooks
- Cranberry Borscht from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Glazed Pork Loin from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cranberry Lemon Curd Tart (no bake, GF) from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry London Broil from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Mustard from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Smoothie from The Chef Next Door
- Cranberry Vanilla Bean Donuts from Hostess At Heart
- Grilled Brie with Cranberries from Full Belly Sisters
- Mixed Berry Sorbet from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Orange Cranberry Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Panko Crusted Chicken with Maple Cranberry Sauce from Family Around The Table
- Sweet Heat Cranberry Spread from Cooking With Carlee