My Mom loved fall. I guess I’m really missing her these days because I have made a number of her recipes lately and this old fashioned soft pumpkin cookie is from her collection. Truth be told, I’m not a huge fan of pumpkin but I really like these cookies. They’re soft, about two bites each and full of pumpkin goodness. The recipe card was stained so I’m sure my Mom made them often but I have never made this recipe before so I’m including it in the 52 Week New Recipe Challenge as the week 13 recipe.
I love the warmth the cinnamon and nutmeg bring to the cookie. They make a great snack, lunchbox treat and are a perfect treat after dinner.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. In large mixer bowl, beat sugar and butter until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until ledges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Ginger Pumpkin Leek Soup from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread from Gluten Free Crumbley.
Lula Na Morango from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Old Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies from Family Around The Table.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from The Redhead Baker.
Pumpkin Doughnut Holes from The Freshman Cook.
Pumpkin Fudge from Palatable Pastime.
Pumpkin Grilled Cheese with Apples and Cheddar from Making Miracles.
Pumpkin Ooey Gooey Cake from Cooking With Carlee.
Pumpkin Sage Cloverleaf Rolls from The Crumby Cupcake