It’s National Grilled Cheese Month! In honor of the occasion I made a roast beef, brie and caramelized onion grilled cheese. My family tells me I’m the grilled cheese queen and master grilled cheese sandwich maker. It’s great that my family feels this way until I’m the one who’s sick and wants a grilled cheese sandwich. No one will make it for me. Well, that’s not entirely true…my wonderful husband will but it’s often on the burnt side.
I really believe there is a trick to making the perfect grilled cheese sandwich. Beside using your favorite ingredients, you need a cheese that melts well and Brie is a good choice. Medium heat is best. Too low and it takes forever. Too high and you burn the sandwich. The latter is what my husband does. Also key, don’t leave the sandwich while its cooking because that’s a sure fire way to over cook it. No phone calls, don’t check your emails, just make the sandwich. Using a great bread is essential too. Sure you can use any old wheat or white bread but switch that up to an artisan bread for a noticeably yummier sandwich.
In honor of National Grilled Cheese Month some of my blogger friends and I put together our favorite grilled cheese sandwiches. Check out the links below.
It’s the start of Grilled Cheese Month, so we thought we’d give you lots of inspiration! Hosted by Caroline of Caroline’s Cooking – see all the delicious grilled cheese ideas being shared today:
- Apple Cheddar Bacon Grilled Cheese by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Gouda Grilled Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Down the Grilled Cheese Rabbit Hole by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Cheddar, Onion and Tomato Sandwich by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Italian Inside-Out Grilled Cheese by Palatable Pastime
- Polish Reuben Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Quadruple Grilled Cheese by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Roast Beef, Brie and Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese by Family Around the Table
- Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese Sandwich by All that’s Jas
- “The Jammin’ Jamaican” Chicken Grilled Cheese by Caroline’s Cooking
- Tish’s Tasty Turkey Grilled Cheese Sliders by Cooking With Carlee