I love grab and go items for breakfast. These nutty pumpkin muffins are great for a mid morning snack too. Delicious with a steaming cup of coffee or hot tea, they will get your day off to the right start. They are full of pumpkin goodness perfect for the season. So, for Taste of Home Tuesday I offer Nutty Pumpkin Muffins. I love baking muffins without paper wrappers and these don’t need them. They release easily from the muffin pan. Save a few of the pecans (or walnuts if you choose to substitute) and sprinkle them on top. I’ve made the recipe a couple of times now and shared them with neighbors. They all raved about the muffins. Whip up a batch this pumpkin season and watch them disappear. I would say they are a keeper. Plus your house will smell so good getting you in the mood for the upcoming holidays.
It’s also the week 15 recipe in the 52 Week New Recipe Challenge.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil and water. In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into pumpkin mixture; mix well. Fold in nuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes (do not overbake). Cool on wire rack.
Substitute walnuts for the pecans, if desired.
Herbed Tuna Sandwiches from Tammy Cook Blogs Book
Basil Garlic Bread from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Morning Maple Muffins from Making The Most of Nap Time
Banana Streusel Muffins from Red Cottage Chronicles