It’s the end of the school year and I wanted to make a tray of goodies for the ladies in the front office at our elementary school. I’ve had this recipe in my “to try” file for more years than I care to mention. I figured this goodie tray was the perfect opportunity to finally try it. I’m making them again this weekend for a Memorial Day potluck party in our neighborhood. They take no time at all to make and I know the kids will love them.
While these have more of a brownie texture, the are like a chocolate chip muffin cookie. You can use any type of chocolate chip you like in this recipe. I only had half a cup of semi-sweet chips so I used half a cup of milk chocolate chips. Any combination would be nice or use one type of chip. Butterscotch chips would be a nice change. Since the recipe only makes twelve you could double it for a larger group and make different variations. If you like nuts, add 3/4 cup of either walnuts or pecans.
Another serving idea would be a dollop of vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate syrup (or fudge), nuts, and sprinkles. A mini cookie sundae.
- 1 cup all-purpouse flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 /2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecan), optional
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly mist a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar. Let cool slightly then stir in egg and butter until smooth. Stir in flour mixture and then chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- Portion out about 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup. Smooth tops with the back of a spoon. Bake until just set, 15 - 17 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on wire rack. To remove from pan, gently run the blade of a butter knife around edge and lift out.
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
Sides and Salads
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Plus Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake and Best Potluck Dishes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.