So, if you read my blog at all, you know I’m a Florida girl. Well, this Florida girl had no idea we grow peaches here. I knew I wanted to make a frozen peach margarita for our Mexican recipes week and the upcoming Cinco de Mayo. I wanted to use fresh Florida peaches, which apparently are in season now, but I could not find them. Instead I used frozen peaches and, honestly they worked beautifully. I think the combination of frozen peaches and ice kept the drink thicker and frozen longer.
When I make cocktails I use good ingredients. I encourage people to use what they like and the best they can afford. That said, don’t use an expensive sipping tequila to make margaritas. Silver is good, gold is better and añejo is the best. I also think using fresh ingredients is key. While fresh peaches weren’t available the frozen worked just fine. I did use fresh limes which is a definite must over bottled lime juice.
This recipe makes four servings. I don’t recommend making a pitcher of frozen peach margaritas because they won’t keep long.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peaches
- 3/4 cup gold tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, about 3 limes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and puree until smooth but not liquified. Serve immediately.
Let’s have a fiesta of Cinco de Mayo inspired recipes all week long!
- Tropical Fruit Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Taco Salad Boats from Palatable Pastime
- Champurrado from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Shrimp Veracruz from the Tip Garden
- Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken from Cooking With Carlee
- Mexican Street Corn Salad from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cilantro Lime Rice from Books n’ Cooks
- Frozen Peach Margaritas from Family Around the Table
Check back each and every day for new recipes by following along with the hashtag #MexicanRecipes on social media. Thank you Sue from Palatable Pastime for hosting this week!
Are you a food blogger interested in posting within our blogging community? Find out more by joining us online: Holiday Fun with Our Blog Friends.