The first time I made this Mounds Cake it was a hit. I wrote the recipe out on a recipe card and tucked it in my treasured recipe box. I promptly forgot about it for a few years. It wasn’t until I was talking with a friend that I was reminded of it. I thought it would be a delicious dessert for Easter. I usually make my Rave Review Coconut Cake but my family wanted a change.
For this cake I used the regular size Mounds candy bars. Less time to chop them up. Plus, snack size is a little harder to find this time of year. Although at Halloween, they are abundant. If you need to use up some Mounds Easter eggs from those baskets making this cake would be a good option.
This post contains affiliate links.
I have a fair collection of Bundt pans but I love making this cake in my star Bundt pan. It really is one of my favorite pans that I own. While you could put a glaze on it a dusting of powdered sugar is really all this cake needs.
- 1 package yellow cake mix, without pudding
- 1 small package white chocolate or French vanilla pudding mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 8 snack-sized or 4 regular-sized Mounds candy bars, chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, oil, water and eggs. Stir until most of the lumps are gone. Stir in the sour cream, then the candy bars, chocolate chips, nuts and coconut. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Before serving dust with confectioners' sugar.
This week, thirteen bloggers are sharing 46 recipes and tips to help you serve up deliciousness this Easter. Follow #EasterRecipes on social media to see what we’re serving up!
- Garlic Soup with Pasta and Peas by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mounds Cake by Family Around The Table
- Roasted Root Vegetable Soup by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
In case you missed them, here’s Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday’s #EasterRecipes
- Deviled Ham Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Easy Pecan Sticky Buns by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Easy Citrus Ham by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Sausage and Vegetable Strata by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus With Lemon Herb Sauce by Tip Garden
- Dipped Strawberry Carrots by Family Around The Table
- Easter Malted Milk Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sharadan’s Lemon Blueberry Parfaits by Cooking With Carlee
- Easter Egg Cooking and Dyeing Tips and Tricks by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Easter Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Cake Pancakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Torta Salata Pasquale by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Creamy Coconut Mini Tarts by Making the Most of Naptime
- Dill Roasted Radishes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus by Family Around The Table
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Crescent Rolls by Tip Garden
- Individual Easter Breads by Cooking With Carlee
- Tomato Asparagus Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- Mini Peeps Whoopie Pies by Palatable Pastime
- Rosemary Garlic Herb Rib Roast by Family Around The Table
- Honey butter Peas and Carrots by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pea and Pasta Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Roasted Eggplant Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Baked Eggs with Tomatoes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Cake Energy Balls by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Classic Peanut Butter Confetti Bars by Making the Most of Naptime
- Easter Muddy Buddies by Family Around The Table
- Grandma’s Easter Bread by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Linda’s Famous Carrot Cake by Cooking With Carlee
- Mimosa Bundt Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Mini Easter Cheesecake Bites by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spring Herb Brie Bake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Carrot Cupcakes with Bailey’s Frosting by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Easter Egg Blondies by Cooking With Carlee
- Easter M&M Thumbprint Cookies by Family Around The Table
- Frosted M&M Blondies by Palatable Pastime
- Ham & Cheese Omelette Roll by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Homemade Chocolate Flowers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Old Fashioned Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots by A Day in the Life on the Farm