Do you host or attend game day parties? Either way, you are likely making some game day food. If you’re like me, you search the internet, your favorite blogs or Pinterest for snacks and game day food. Some of my blogger friends and I have gathered some of our favorites for this game day round up. Although we are posting them during the football playoffs, they would be perfect for any game day gathering, basketball, NASCAR, hockey or your favorite sport. I hope you enjoy this collection of 21 recipes from some fabulous bloggers.
My husband is a raspberry fiend. He loves anything and everything raspberry, something he gets from his Aunt Anna. When I came across this recipe for raspberry glazed chicken wings I knew I had to try it. We were not disappointed. The raspberry flavor is prominent, not subtle, making these wings on the sweet side. Again, this recipe is doing double duty at the week 7 recipe in the 52 Week New Recipe Challenge and as part of the Sunday Supper Movements finger foods event.
Due to the marinade time, you need to plan ahead when making this recipe. You need to marinate the wings for at least 4 hours. Cooking time is about an hour. This dish is perfect for a main meal, appetizer or game day snack.
- Artichoke Jalapeno Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bacon Wrapped Dates by Our Good Life
- Baked Blue Cheese Olive Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Chicken Flautas by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baked Piroshki (Russian Stuffed Rolls) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Blue Cheese & Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites by Moore or Less Cooking
- Caprese Polenta Cakes by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Cherry Topped Brie Bites by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Pesto Pizza by Taste And See
- Classic Homemade Guacamole by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Vegetable Rainbow Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Italian Fried Stuffed Olives by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Kabobs by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Feta Leek Quiche by FoodieTots
- Mini Mediterranean Shish Kebabs by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Pan Seared Bruschetta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken Wings by Family Around The Table
- Sesame Chicken Fingers by An Appealing Plan
- Spicy Popcorn Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Battered-dipped Turkey Tenders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Wellington Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Double Stuffed Potatoes by Simply Healthy Family
- Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by The Chef Next Door
- Cuban Sandwiches by My World Simplified
- Ethiopian Injera and Tikel Gomen (cabbage, carrots and potato) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Fish fingers and Old Bay Dip by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Crunchy-Coated Haddock Fingers by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Sliders by Feeding Big and More
- Mini Pizza Pockets by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Pizzas by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Ribs with Whiskey Maple Barbecue Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Savory Beef and Veggie Hand Pies by Positively Stacey
- Spinach-Feta Rolls by Wholistic Woman
- Lasagna Cupcakes by A Mind Full Mom
- Tacos in Lettuce Wraps by Simple and Savory
- Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
- Thai-Indian Beef Lettuce Cups by The Texan New Yorker
- Vegetarian Piadina Sandwich by she loves biscotti
- Yuca Fritters Stuffed with Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Blueberry and Brie Tarts by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Strawberry Hand Pies by Baking Sense
- Salted Caramel Cream Puffs by The Redhead Baker
Plus Plus Bite-sized Pavlovas and More Finger Food Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
My husband is a Philadelphia native. I knew when I developed this recipe that it would never compare to the cheesesteaks from his hometown. I actually wasn’t trying to compete. How could I, since I’ve never had a Philly cheesesteak? Authentic Philly cheesesteaks use thinly sliced ribeye beef that has been sautéed combined with melted cheese. Depending on who you talk to that cheese can be Cheese Whiz, American or Provolone. Other toppings can include sautéed green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and hot or sweet peppers. We like pretty basic cheesesteaks so I made ours with just beef, onions and Provolone. Lots of Provolone. We like cheese.
I start by sautéing the onions in a small amount of butter. You could just sweat them in a pan to save calories but the butter adds flavor. For the beef I use thinly sliced eye of the round that I season and roast and then pan sauté to keep it hot. I will often roast the eye of the round on the weekend then reheat it for a quick weeknight meal. I like the onions thickly sliced but they take a little longer to cook that way. My favorite hoagie rolls come from the bakery in my supermarket, Publix. When making the sandwich don’t slice the rolls all the way through. You want the roll to hold the filling. It’s best to buy them from your grocery store bakery. Many of the hoagie rolls you find in the bread section are pre-sliced. These cheesy cheesesteaks are perfect for a weekend lunch, quick weeknight dinner or game day party food. You could prepare the individual ingredients ahead and saute to reheat. Assemble the sandwiches and serve with chips or fries, slaw and beans to complete the meal.
Add ins: If you fancy, slice 1 green bell pepper and 1 red bell pepper, saute with onions. If you like mushrooms, when onions and peppers are soft, add 1 cup sliced mushrooms and saute until soft.
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheesy Crab Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Cowboy Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Crockpot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Dill Pickle Dip by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Game Day Cheese Board with Baguettes by Delaware Girl Eats
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Ham and cheese sliders by Feeding Big
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Hot Pork Roll and Cheese Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeño Popper Mac and Cheese Egg Rolls by From Gate to Plate
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites by Family Foodie
- Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Wonton Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread with a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Stuffed Artichokes with Soppressata and Cheese by Mysavoryspoon
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Thai Beef Taco Bites by Brunch-n-Bites
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Waffle Fry Nachos by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Big Game Chili by Our Good Life
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Buffalo Chickpea Spinach Pinwheels by Simply Healthy Family
- Cheeseburger Pizza Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Emeril’s Chicken and Andouille Gumbo by The Texan New Yorker
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- Mini Muffaletta Bites by MyGourmetConnection
- Mission Style Burritos by A Well Fed Life
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
Desserts and Drinks
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Denver Bronco Brew and The Carolina Panther Colada by Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Football Potato Candy by Gluten Free Crumbley
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
- Plus Big Game Party Recipes plus Sausage and Peppers Over Cheesy Grits by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
While perusing one of my Pioneer Woman cookbooks I came across this easy recipe. My family LOVES fried cheese and if it’s on a menu we usually order it. Even my picky eater enjoys it. I’ve always wanted to make it at home but never really knew how. I knew it started with mozzarella sticks like my boys often have for snacks but that’s about it. The original recipe makes 32 pieces which was too much for us to snack on this afternoon so I scaled it back to about 16 pieces.
This is my smaller version. If you are making it for more people figure 4 to 5 cheese sticks per person and adjust the flour, egg and Panko accordingly. For the 16 I made I used only one egg and about 1/8 of a cup of milk. The recipe is easily doubled.
Our favorite pasta sauce is Bertolli Vidalia Onion and Garlic. It’s what I had on hand today to use instead of marinara sauce. Use what you like or what you happen to have in your pantry.
Don’t substitute regular breadcrumbs for the Panko. The Panko gives them a nice crunch and texture.
This recipe is definitely a keeper and will certainly be made again and again. A perfect snack for movie night, game night or a lazy Sunday afternoon. It was a big hit with the boys and I can see myself making loads of these when they are teenagers and have friends over. It’s really that easy.
Cranberry BBQ Wings are a great game day appetizer. Now, you’re probably thinking…cranberry and BBQ? Does that really work? I’m here to tell you it does. These chicken wings are moist and delicious. Even better they are on the healthy side because they are baked and not fried. The make a perfect appetizer, game day snack or meal. Especially in the fall to incorporate the cranberry flavor. I make these every year when my family sits down to watch the Daytona 500.