If you’re hosting an Easter, or even Spring celebration, you need to make these Easter muddy buddies. They are just so festive. You should probably even make a double batch. They are that good and they will go fast. You use a whole box of either rice Chex or corn Chex, you need 9 cups. Those boxes a slightly more than what you need so I just used the whole box (I divided it evenly) so I didn’t have any leftover because it wasn’t even enough for a bowl of cereal.
Now, of course, you can use any color candy melts you prefer but have a stash and used yellow and lavender. Use any pastel colors for spring, green, lavender, yellow, pale blue or pink. Something that coordinates with the pretty M&M’s. You could also swap out the colors for different holidays or occasions such as July 4th, Christmas, Hanukkah and graduation. The hardest part is waiting for the mix with the candy melts to set. Once set gently break big clumps apart. I also used my hands to mix each batch. I have food safe gloves to keep the mess at a minimum.
- 9 Cups Chex Cereal
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Wilton Lavender Candy Melts
- 1/2 cup Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- 1 cup Wilton Yellow Candy Melts
- 1 cup Easter M&M's
- Place 3 cups cereal in 3 separate medium sized bowls and set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on high for one minute and then stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over one of the bowls of cereal and mix until evenly coated.
- Place the cereal mixture in a seal-able food storage bag and add the powdered sugar.
- Shake the bag until well coated then spread the cereal out on a baking sheet and allow to cool.
- Melt the yellow candy melts in a bowl according to package directions. Stir until smooth then pour over a bowl of cereal each and stir until evenly coated. Spread the cereal directly out onto separate baking sheets and allow to cool. Melt the lavender and white candy melts together in a bowl according to package directions.
- In a bowl mix the three cereal mixtures along with the chocolate eggs.
- Store the muddy buddies in an airtight container.
This week, thirteen bloggers are sharing 46 recipes and tips to help you serve up deliciousness this Easter. Follow #EasterRecipes on social media to see what we’re serving up!
- Baked Eggs with Tomatoes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spring Herb Brie Bake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Carrot Cake Energy Balls by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Classic Peanut Butter Confetti Bars by Making the Most of Naptime
- Easter Muddy Buddies by Family Around The Table
- Honey Cinnamon Quick Bread by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Linda’s Famous Carrot Cake by Cooking With Carlee
- Mini Easter Cheesecake Bites by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
In case you missed them, here’s Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday’s #EasterRecipes
- Deviled Ham Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Easy Pecan Sticky Buns by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Easy Citrus Ham by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Sausage and Vegetable Strata by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus With Lemon Herb Sauce by Tip Garden
- Strawberry “Carrots” by Family Around The Table
- Easter Malted Milk Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sharadan’s Lemon Blueberry Parfaits by Cooking With Carlee
- Easter Egg Cooking and Dyeing Tips and Tricks by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Easter Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Cake Pancakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Torta Salata Pasquale by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dill Roasted Radishes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus by Family Around The Table
- Praying Arm Pretzels by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Coconut Mini Tarts by Making the Most of Naptime
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Crescent Rolls by Tip Garden
- Individual Easter Breads by Cooking With Carlee
- Tomato Asparagus Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peeps Whoopie Pies by Palatable Pastime
- Rosemary Garlic Herb Rib Roast by Family Around The Table
- Honey butter Peas and Carrots by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pea and Pasta Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Roasted Eggplant Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm