Who doesn’t love pizza? I could serve my kids pizza everyday and they would be happy campers. So I decided to try a pizza twist and created pepperoni cheese pizza sliders. You may have read my posts about my amazing Florida Beef Council with Sunday Supper Movement trip in August. The Friday night of that weekend a number of my blogger friends and I had a slumber party of sorts. We rented a house and each made a dish to share. This was my contribution. It was so yummy my son asked me to make it again for the family. I was happy to oblige and he happily ate them. So when Sunday Supper decided to have a pizza event I knew it was time to share these pizza sliders on the blog.
Since then, I’ve made them a couple of times and mixed up the ingredients. This recipe could be a guideline for a starting point. Include your favorite pizza topping ingredients to customize them for your family or guests. These pizza sliders are perfect for snacking, game day, a sleepover or quick weekend lunch. The recipe easily doubles or triples depending on the number of people you need to serve.
- 1 package King's Hawaiian dinner rolls or other connected dinner rolls
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 6 ounces pepperoni slices
- 12 thin slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together melted butter, garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasoning and set aside.
- Slice rolls through the middle of the buns so there is a top and bottom half. Place bottom half in prepared baking pan. Top with 6 slices of mozzarella cheese. Top with half of the pepperoni slices and all the onion slices. Repeat with remaining cheese and pepperoni. Top with remaining half of rolls.
- Brush tops of rolls with melted butter mixture. Top with shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 - 15 minutes until cheese on top is melted and rolls are heated through. Remove from oven and slice rolls into slider portions along roll guides.
- Serve with additional pizza sauce for dipping, if desired.
Substitute Provoline for the Mozzarella
Thank you to Coleen Hill of The Red Headed Baker for hosting this week.
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Monica’s Table
- Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer by Positively Stacey
- Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Sliders by Family Around the Table
- Pizza Beef Wontons by Asian in America
- Pizza Potato Skins by Casa de Crews
- Cinnamon Roll Pizza by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Home Canned Pizza Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza by The Foodie Affair
- Cheesecake Pizza by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Macaroon Pizza by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Fruit Pizza by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Jam, Pear and Butternut Squash Pizza by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bagel Pizzas by And She Cooks
- BBQ Bacon Mango Pizza by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Candy Corn Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken Pesto Calzone by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chicken Pot Pie French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Vegetable Pizza (Low-Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Copycat UNO’s Pizza by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Deep Dish Fondue Pizza by Momma’s Meals
- Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls by Crazed Mom
- Easy French Bread Pizza by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Everything Pizza Tartin by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fall Veggie Pizza by The Culinary Compass
- Gluten Free Curried Pumpkin Chicken Pizza by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Wraps by Food Lust People Love
- Hawaiian Pizza Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Pan Pizza by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Lunchtime Pizza Muffins by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Meatball Sub Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Mexican Pizza by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mexican-Style Corn Tortilla Pizzas by Home Sweet Homestead
- Mom’s Family Style Cavatini by Powered by BLING
- Onion Tart by Wholistic Woman
- Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
- Pizza Grilled Cheese by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Pizza Pot Pies by Brunch-n-Bites
- Pizza Steak Hoagie by The Freshman Cook
- Pizza Toscana by Cooking with Carlee
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Pizza with Balsamic Onions by Helpful Homemade
- Rustic Bacon & Citrus Pizza by Gourmet Everyday
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sausage Arugula Pizza by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Grilled Pizza by Our Good Life
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pizza Bread by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Supreme Breakfast Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
- Taco Dip Pizza by Hardly a Goddess
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- The Mac Pizza by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Vegan Margherita Pizza by Simple and Savory
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.