Asparagus is one of our favorite vegetables. Usually my husband grills it or I roast it in the oven. This parmesan roasted asparagus recipe came across my Facebook feed recently from Taste of Home. It just so happened I had all of the ingredients to make it to go with the Caprese chicken with bacon dish, also a Taste of Home recipe.
It would also be a perfect vegetable side for any Easter meal whether you’re serving ham, roast beef, lamb or turkey. This recipe is doing double duty today for Taste of Home Tuesday and the Easter week recipes.
It’s only 5 ingredients and, with the exception of the asparagus, you probably have them in your pantry. It must be true that if you put cheese on vegetables, kids will eat them. My son asked if we could have asparagus like this every time. For the record, he like cheese sauce on broccoli too.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place asparagus in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese, lemon-pepper and salt.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Adjust cooking time depending on how thick your asparagus is. Longer for thicker, shorter for thinner.
This recipe is from Taste of Home.
For Taste of Home Tuesday my fellow blogger, Jolene, from Jolene’s Recipe Journal shares a dish that would also be perfect for an Easter dinner.
Spring Pea and Radish Salad by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Italian Easter Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Cake Pancakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Torta Salata Pasquale by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dill Roasted Radishes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus by Family Around The Table
- Praying Arm Pretzels by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Coconut Mini Tarts by Making the Most of Naptime