So, when thinking about recipes for this week I wanted something unusual. I’ve never made a thumbprint cookie so I thought that would be a good idea but I still wanted something different. While perusing the candy aisle in my store it came to me! Make Easter thumbprint cookies using the egg shaped milk chocolate M&M’s. They are festive, look like mini eggs and, once they came out of the oven and tried one, I knew I had a hit!
While they looked pretty with just the M&M in the middle, I thought they needed something else. I added the chocolate drizzle, which can be totally optional by the way, and it took them over the top!
These Easter thumbprint cookies are a fun treat for an Easter dessert table or wrap a few in bags tied with a festive bow for your guests to take home after the celebration.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 48 Pastel Egg Shaped M&Ms (I used milk chocolate)
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 - 6 tablespoons water (just to drizzling consistency)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and creamy. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla. Beat at medium speed until thoroughly combined. Add flour mixture gradually and combine well without over mixing.
- Cover mixing bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and, using a tablespoon size of dough, roll into balls and place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12-15 minutes until lightly brown. Remove from the oven and immediately, but gently, press an M&M into center of each cookie. If you press too hard, the cookie will crack and not hold the candy.
- Remove from sheet pan to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Make chocolate glaze and drizzle over cooled cookies.
- To make chocolate glaze:
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients until drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
This week, thirteen bloggers are sharing 46 recipes and tips to help you serve up deliciousness this Easter. Follow #EasterRecipes on social media to see what we’re serving up!
- Easter Egg Blondies by Cooking With Carlee
- Easter M&M Thumbprint Cookies by Family Around The Table
- Ham & Cheese Omelette Roll by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Homemade Chocolate Flowers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Old Fashioned Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Quick and Easy Garlic Knots by A Day in the Life on the Farm
In case you missed them, here’s all the #EasterRecipes to date:
- Deviled Ham Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Easy Pecan Sticky Buns by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Easy Citrus Ham by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Sausage and Vegetable Strata by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus With Lemon Herb Sauce by Tip Garden
- Strawberry “Carrots” by Family Around The Table
- Easter Malted Milk Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sharadan’s Lemon Blueberry Parfaits by Cooking With Carlee
- Easter Egg Cooking and Dyeing Tips and Tricks by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Easter Bread by Palatable Pastime
- Carrot Cake Pancakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Torta Salata Pasquale by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dill Roasted Radishes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus by Family Around The Table
- Praying Arm Pretzels by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Coconut Mini Tarts by Making the Most of Naptime
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Crescent Rolls by Tip Garden
- Individual Easter Breads by Cooking With Carlee
- Tomato Asparagus Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peeps Whoopie Pies by Palatable Pastime
- Rosemary Garlic Herb Rib Roast by Family Around The Table
- Honey butter Peas and Carrots by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pea and Pasta Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Roasted Eggplant Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Baked Eggs with Tomatoes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spring Herb Brie Bake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Carrot Cake Energy Balls by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Classic Peanut Butter Confetti Bars by Making the Most of Naptime
- Easter Muddy Buddies by Family Around The Table
- Honey Cinnamon Quick Bread by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Linda’s Famous Carrot Cake by Cooking With Carlee
- Mini Easter Cheesecake Bites by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks