It’s almost time for the wearin’ o’ the green, or, in other words, St. Patrick’s Day. My boys love mint chocolate chip ice cream so I decided to make them a Lucky Leprechaun Minty Milkshake as a treat for St. Paddy’s Day. Take my word they loved them.
My boys come by their love of mint chocolate chip ice cream honestly. It’s my absolute favorite flavor too. Making this milkshake seemed natural. I’m usually not partial to the green mint chip but for St. Patrick’s Day I definitely wanted green. I used Baskin Robbins but you can use your favorite brand. If it’s not green add a couple of drops of green food coloring when you add the ingredients to the blender. I used my soda fountain ice cream soda glasses to serve the shake. Serving the milkshakes in Mason jars would be fun too.
I hope you’ll visit the links from my blogger friends at the bottom of this post. They are sharing more recipes with Irish flair.
- 1 (14 ounce) container mint chocolate chip ice cream (I used Baskin Robbins)
- 3/4 cup milk
- Whipped cream, for garnish (I used Reddi Whip)
- Chocolate chips for garnish
- 1/2 cup white Wilton candy melts
- Green sprinkles
- Melt candy melts in a bowl in the microwave according package directions. Dip rims of 2 soda glasses in candy and immediately sprinkle rim with green sprinkles. Place in refrigerator to set until ready to use.
- In a blender combine the mint chocolate chip ice cream, the whole container, and milk. Blend until frothy. Divide mixture among the 2 prepared soda glasses. Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with chocolate chips and sprinkles. Serve.
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner. It is a great time to celebrate the Irish in all of us, even if there isn’t any! There are a lot more ways to celebrate than drinking green beer. So Jan from The Tip Garden and Carlee from Cooking with Carlee got us together to share our best St. Patrick’s Day inspired recipes. There is sure to be something for everyone!
Beef and Stout Stew from Caroline’s Cooking
Chocolate Cupcakes with Irish Cream Frosting from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Chocolate Stout Floats from The Chef Next Door
Easy 5 Ingredient Chocolate Mint Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Grilled Cabbage Steaks from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Irish Tea Brack from Cooking With Carlee
Lucky Leprechaun Minty Milkshakes from Family Around the Table
Nana’s Shepherd’s Pie from The Tip Garden
Reuben Quesadillas from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Reuben Stuffed Crescent Rolls from From Gate to Plate
Slow Cooker Guinness Pot Roast from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
St. Patrick’s Day Green Martini – Melontini from All That’s Jas
Stout Cupcakes with Irish Buttercream from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Ulster Fry from Palatable Pastime
This post contains affiliate links.