You really get a sense of how time flies when you do a regular post like these Taste of Home Tuesday posts. Good thing I make a lot of Taste of Home recipe so I do have a bit of a stash. My brother visited recently and I served these delicious hot colby ham sandwiches. These sandwiches are quick and easy to make for a weekend lunch. Or serve with a salad and/or soup for a delicious weeknight dinner. They take about 30 minutes to make.
I used my favorite hamburger buns from my grocery store bakery. Use your favorite rolls or easily make them into sliders for a party. You could mix up the cheeses too.
This recipe is also the week 16 recipe in the 52 Week New Recipe Challenge. It’s definitely a keeper too!
Be sure to check out my Taste of Home Tuesday blogger friends selections this week.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 6 dinner rolls (about 3-inch diameter), sliced
- 6 slices Colby cheese
- 18 thin slices deli ham
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion, poppy seeds and sugar. Place roll bottoms, cut side up, in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Top each with Colby cheese, ham and mozzarella. Drizzle with half of the butter mixture.
- Replace roll tops. Drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Jolene’s Recipe Journal – Nutmeg Waffles
Amy’s Cooking Adventures – Best Ever Macaroni & Cheese
Red Cottage Chronicles – Cookies in a Jar