It’s Taste of Home Tuesday and my Taste of Home blogger friends and I are celebrating chocotober. My contribution is these mini peanut butter-filled brownie cupcakes. Each of us made a chocolate recipe from Taste of Home and you know they are delicious. One because they are chocolate, duh! But also because they are from Taste of Home.
I recently made two batches of these for two separate functions at school. They were a hit. Then original recipe made larger cupcakes but I adapted it to make a mini version, which was better suited to my school need. These brownie cupcakes are rich and delicious. It was a good thing I was giving them away or I may have eaten every last one.
This recipe is perfect if you need a last minute treat for a pot luck, tailgate or even a lunch box treat. It starts with a boxed brownie mix that gets an addition of mini chocolate chips. The peanut butter filling whips up quickly too. Don’t worry if the filling shows through because it makes for an interesting look on the cupcakes and they are still just as delicious. If you want to make the larger version find the recipe on Taste of Home. Please visit my blogger friends in the links below to see their awesome chocolate recipes. Many thanks to Maureen from Red Cottage Chronicles for hosting.
This recipe is also the week 13 recipe in the 52 Week New Recipe Challenge.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in chocolate chips.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth.
- Fill mini paper-lined muffin cups one-third full with batter. Drop filling by teaspoonfuls into the center of each cupcake. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in brownie portion comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Please be sure to visit these lovely VFE’s and see what they cooked up this week!
Hungry Enough to Eat Six – Chocolate Biscuit Puffs
Jolene’s Recipe Journal – Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
Family Around The Table – Mini Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes
Making The Most of Nap Time – Spooky Brownie Haunted House
Amy’s Cooking Adventures – Ogre Eyes Hot Chocolate
Red Cottage Chronicles – Chocolate Almond Tarts