I made these for a dinner party recently and they were so good, I had to make them again. Besides being delicious, they are easy to make. One great thing about this recipe is you can mix up the ingredients. Use sweet potatoes or red potatoes in place of the Idaho potatoes. Rather than sprinkle green onions on at the end, slice a sweet onion into wedges and include in the packet. Kick up the heat with some sliced jalapeños. Use a blend of cheeses rather than just one type. If you prefer you could bake packets rather than putting them on the grill.
- 4 medium Idaho potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- You'll need 4 large squares of aluminum foil.
- Spray each piece of aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place cubed potatoes on each of the 4 squares of foil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to each portion and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover potatoes with about 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and 1/4 cup of bacon pieces. Wrap foil securely around potatoes. Pierce foil with knife several times to vent steam while cooking.
- Place on preheated grill. Cover grill and cook over medium heat for 45 - 55 minutes until potatoes are tender.