Our neighbors recently had a small happy hour gathering and each of the guests brought an appetizer. My contribution was a new recipe, which again will do double duty for the #SundaySupper pie event recipe and as the week 4 recipe in the 52 Week New Recipe Challenge.
These mini quiches were adapted from a recipe on the Pillsbury website. I’m a big fan of one or two bite appetizers that don’t require utensils. They make managing your plate and drink so much easier during a party. These mini swiss quiches are packed with flavor from seasonings, green onions (or as my Dad called them, Spring onions), parsley.
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, I used Pillsbury
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray and set aside.
- Remove pie crusts and place flat on a large cutting board. With a 2 1/2-inch round cutter, cut 12 rounds from each crust. Press one round into bottom and up sides of each muffin cup.
- Place 1 tablespoon Swiss cheese in each cup. Top each with a few onion slices.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, beat eggs, milk and salt with fork or whisk until well blended. Pour mixture into crusts, filling to within 1/4 inch of top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. With tip of knife, lift quiches from cups. Serve warm.
Substitute Cheddar cheese for the Swiss cheese.
Sweet As Pie
- Banana Cream Pie from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Blood Orange Pie from The TipToe Fairy
- Brown Sugar Pie from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart from Desserts Required
- Chocolate Pudding Pie from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Coconut Cream Pie from Family Foodie
- Easy Lemon Pie from Basic N Delicious
- Fresh Lemon Hand Pies from From Gate to Plate
- German Sweet Chocolate Cream Pie from Meal Planning Magic
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cherry Pie from NinjaBaker
- Gluten Free Mini Irish Cream Chocolate Mousse Pies from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grapefruit Pie from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies from Pies and Plots
- Irish Cream Coffee Mud Pie from The Crumby Cupcake
- Leaf Topped Apple Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Magic Cookie Bar Pie from Moore or Less Cooking
- Mixed Berry Hand Pies from My Imperfect Kitchen
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie from Feeding Big and More
- No Bake Blueberry Mini Filo-Pies from Hardly A Goddess
- No-Bake Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Tart from Magnolia Days
- Orange Meringue Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Paifala (Samoan Pineapple Half Moon Pies) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie from Sweet Mornings
- Perfect Manhattan Pie from The Texan New Yorker
- Pineapple Meringue Pie from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Quick Swiss Apple Pie from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Raspberry Cheesecake Pudding Pie from Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Mascarpone Tart from Taste And See
- Beef & Red Wine Pie from Wholistic Woman
- Cauliflower Cheese Pie with Grated Potato Crust from Food Lust People Love
- Chard and Parsnip Galette from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cornish Pasties from Palatable Pastime
- Homity Pie (British Potato Leek Pie) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Cheesy Artichoke and Asparagus Phyllo Pie from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Italian Hand Pies from Brunch-n-Bites
- Irish Shepherd’s Pie from The Freshman Cook
- Jamaican “No-Beef” Patties from What Smells So Good?
- Mini Swiss Quiches from Family Around The Table
- Mushroom Swiss Quiche from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Pizza Rustica from Monica’s Table
- Salmon Pot Pie from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Savory and Spicy Mincemeat Pie from eating in instead
- Shepherd’s Pie Hand Pies from Our Good Life
- Skillet Shepherd’s Pie from Life Tastes Good
- Spaghetti Pie from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Spicy Korean Cottage Pie from kimchi MOM
- Taco Hand Pies from Kitchen Gidget
- Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie from Books n’ Cooks
- Plus: Baked Puerto Rican Meat Pies and More Pie Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement