I find it just as easy and far more economical to make my own salad dressing than to purchase one at the supermarket. The salad dressing at Olive Garden is probably my husband’s favorite. I found this recipe by accident when I was looking for a new homemade dressing. I was making dinner for a friend who recently had surgery. The week 22 recipe in the 52 Week New Recipe Challenge is a copycat version of Olive Garden’s salad dressing. My husband, the expert on this dressing, really enjoyed it.
- 1 packet Good Season's Italian Dressing Mix
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon real mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously, holding lid, until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Shake before serving.